Welcome
Welcome to my blog! Exciting, isn't it...So, this is my first post. My intention here is to chronicle my move from Columbus to Asheville. I think before I begin with that, I should give you a little background.
September 13, 2005 - my boyfriend Jason is currently an assistant manager at World Market in Columbus, OH. We are enjoying life together and getting along really well. There had been a scare earlier in the year where he had the opportunity to move to Wilmington, NC to take over a store as a General manager and I really was not ready to quit my job and make that kind of move. He turned it down, but told me there could be other opportunities in the future and he couldn't turn them down forever if he wanted to grow with the company. I could tell something was up and that evening he told me he had been offered a job as a GM in Asheville, NC - the store was going to open in about a month and the girl that was supposed to be the manager quit, so they needed someone down there right away. He wanted to talk to me first, but he was going to accept the job...the catch was that he had to be down there that weekend to start the move-in process and meet the staff.
I don't even remember what my first thought was, but I told him I couldn't follow him blindly down there without seeing the place first and that I really didn't want to move. I love the house I live in, enjoy my job and have a lot of really good friends here.
I remember the rest of the week being very sad. I didn't know if this was the beginning of the end, or what the future would hold for us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home